Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum
H3 Body Panel Leak - Printable Version

+- Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum (http://www.prevostgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Exterior (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: H3 Body Panel Leak (/showthread.php?tid=79)

H3 Body Panel Leak - travelite - 10-29-2014 10:22

I don't think the H3 has the same issues that the XLII does with panel separation, but then again I'm new to H ownership. From what I can tell the H panels are clipped, bolted, and riveted on, unlike the XLII panels which have no mechanical support. Also the H panels are shingle like in that the upper panels greatly overlap a flange at the top of the lower panels. So I don't think the H3 factory Prevost panels have the same issues as the XLII, but they can have converter specific issues. I had a water leak coming into my 5th basement bay drivers side that turned out to be a loose panel beneath the bedroom slide. Turns out Vantare took the original prevost panel and cut a foot or so off the top edge to fit the bedroom slide. This caused two things. First they lost the shingle-like flange overlap, and second, they lost a recessed groove at the top of the panel for the adhesive to reside; all prevost panels on the H3 have an extruded groove around the perimeter that's meant to hold adhesive. Without the groove the adhesive tends to get forced out into a very thin layer when laying the panel. I had the panel, which is about 12' long by 18" tall, removed and reattached by Prevost with 100% success. So, with my limited experience I'd say if there are leaks in an H3 they're more likely to be converter specific or caused by converter modifications.

[attachment=56][attachment=55][attachment=54][attachment=53][attachment=52][attachment=51][attachment=49][attachment=48][attachment=47][attachment=46][attachment=45][attachment=50][attachment=43][attachment=57]