Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum
GE Profile Advantium 120 Microwave - Printable Version

+- Prevost Gurus - the Member Funded Prevost Forum (http://www.prevostgurus.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Interior (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: GE Profile Advantium 120 Microwave (/showthread.php?tid=858)

GE Profile Advantium 120 Microwave - davidbrady - 04-09-2017 10:40

Guys, My microwave makes a humming sound like a car idling. It doesn't sound like a fan stalling, but I haven't taken it apart and I don't think there are any other moving parts inside. Anyone replace a fan in one of these or have any idea of what might be causing the noise? Later I'll see if I can post a video of the sound. It's intermittent.

RE: GE Profile Advantium 120 Microwave - Hisham Amaral - 04-09-2017 11:45

(04-09-2017 10:40)davidbrady Wrote:  Guys, My microwave makes a humming sound like a car idling. It doesn't sound like a fan stalling, but I haven't taken it apart and I don't think there are any other moving parts inside. Anyone replace a fan in one of these or have any idea of what might be causing the noise? Later I'll see if I can post a video of the sound. It's intermittent.

David
The only guy I know that worked on Microwave is John at TGO if you need his number just let me know I will text you his phone number.

RE: GE Profile Advantium 120 Microwave - davidbrady - 04-10-2017 13:00

Thanks Hish, It's intermittent but getting worse. Maybe thirteen years is about the lifespan of a microwave. If you have John's number I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

RE: GE Profile Advantium 120 Microwave - davidbrady - 04-13-2017 14:43

Maybe it just needs to be used. It's been on for several days now and it's as silent as can be.