Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polished Stainless?
04-26-2017, 09:30 (This post was last modified: 04-26-2017 10:20 by davidbrady.)
RE: Polished Stainless?
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the compliment. I'd still love to see a pic of your engine compartment if you have time. I'm sure it's beautiful. You can always apply a layer of clear to the pipes. The only problem is given the heat the clear is bound to yellow over time, which actually may not be bad.

With my family of six, we're creatures of habit. We travel to see my parents in Harrisburg Pa, we make a trip to Disney World, and we make a trip out west either to Colorado or California once per year, so I travel all the same roads and visit all the same CG's as I did in my LXi. What I notice is that even though SpongeBob is longer and taller, I have no problem parking him anywhere that I could get my LXi into. I think the cut angle of the IFS allows equal maneuverability of my larger coach. As with the LXi I find I am often more successful backing into tight spots. On roads that I needed to slow down on in the LXi I don't in SpongeBob. In fact I have yet to find a road that upsets the chassis. It simply eats up everything you throw at it! Some folks talk about extreme porpoising across the Mississippi I40 bridge at Memphis Tn, I don't notice a thing in SpongeBob as I barrel across at the speed limit plus some.

Wanderlodges are great coaches and I'll always fondly remember my ownership, but I also know that subconsciously for 10 years I tried to turn my LXi into a Prevost. I find this is still the case when I read the various forums. Folks in the Wanderlodge world are constantly experimenting with ride height, tag axle pressure, shock settings, larger air bags, etc. Many are reaching for more which to me means that many of these folks will eventually be Prevost owners, no matter what they say today! LOL! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Polished Stainless? - jwm470 - 04-24-2017, 21:34
RE: Polished Stainless? - cmillsap - 04-25-2017, 01:32
RE: Polished Stainless? - davidbrady - 04-25-2017, 10:36
RE: Polished Stainless? - jwm470 - 04-25-2017, 19:26
RE: Polished Stainless? - davidbrady - 04-26-2017 09:30
RE: Polished Stainless? - ERNIEE - 04-26-2017, 20:06
RE: Polished Stainless? - cmillsap - 04-26-2017, 22:14
RE: Polished Stainless? - ERNIEE - 04-27-2017, 08:07
RE: Polished Stainless? - davidbrady - 04-27-2017, 10:38

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)