Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slide Control Cables
03-27-2018, 20:26 (This post was last modified: 03-27-2018 20:29 by cmillsap.)
RE: Slide Control Cables
(03-27-2018 18:11)CC_Guy Wrote:  Chuck,

Based on your description and the picture of the part removed, I have to wonder if you have Prevost slides. I can tell you a Prevost slide does not have any power that goes into the slide. Any power cables would be installed by the converter in the way they see fit. I know Marathon uses Valid slides along with Prevost slides. Could this be a Valid slide?

The Yo-Yo is located on the rear lower side of a front slide. And yes, it tells the controller when to stop indicating an all the way in or all the way out position. FWIW, these were done away with in newer slides, Gen-4 I think.

A Prevost slide that has the side pins has a single motor that drives a 90 degree gear that attaches to a dual shaft 90 degree gear that drives the lower horizontal shaft. That same 90 degree gear box that drives the lower horizontal shaft drives a vertical shaft that attaches to a like 90 degree gear box. This gear box drives the upper horizontal shaft.

I probably know these slides better than most given few have ever changed one of the 2 90 degree gear boxes.

Hello CC Guy,

Nice to hear from you again. Thank you for the better description of the 4 gear boxes located at each corner of the slide room and how they work. I do have the single slide motor that powers the 4 gearboxes back and forth on their individual racks as I described (altho poorly) above. It is located high up in driver's side bay #3. I do have a 4 pin Prevost slide.

Now the question is: What is the mechanism with the cables inside that is located on the front side of the slide body and follows the slide movement? I presumed (wrongly maybe) they were power cables but they may not be powered? The Prevost slide expert explained that the mechanism has cables inside it. These cables are rolled up into the cabinet behind the driver's seat as the slide is extended. I should have watched more closely as the 2 Techs worked to remove the plastic guard but it's close quarters and I didn't want to get in their way. They were fortunate to get the guard remove without having to disassemble and remove the cabinetry for better access.

Perhaps David is correct that this mechanism is the yoyo. It may have been installed on the front side of the slide rather than the rear side as you mentioned where it is usually located?

The reason we removed the plastic guard is because it was damaged and loose. The Prevost slide expert was concerned that it could get crumpled thereby damaging the cables causing the slide to fail to function. BTY, he said the earlier model Prevost slides did not have the plastic guard installed.

My purpose for posting the issue here was to inform others to inspect their Prevost slide to make sure they do not have the same problem.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Slide Control Cables - cmillsap - 03-24-2018, 20:54
RE: Slide Control Cables - davidbrady - 03-27-2018, 09:13
RE: Slide Control Cables - cmillsap - 03-27-2018, 13:32
RE: Slide Control Cables - CC_Guy - 03-27-2018, 18:11
RE: Slide Control Cables - cmillsap - 03-27-2018 20:26
RE: Slide Control Cables - CC_Guy - 03-28-2018, 15:57
RE: Slide Control Cables - cmillsap - 03-28-2018, 17:17
RE: Slide Control Cables - davidbrady - 03-29-2018, 21:03

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)