Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thomase On Board Air
02-08-2019, 13:52
Thomase On Board Air
Not sure guys if this was where to ask but if not do feel free to move .

My question is on the Vantare would the step well cover and air pocket doors air supply be separate from the Prevost coach supply ? I ask cause the slide nor doors move when coach is running . Also the regulators show no air pressure on them . Thank you in advance
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2019, 17:50
RE: Thomase On Board Air
(02-08-2019 13:52)cubeman Wrote:  Not sure guys if this was where to ask but if not do feel free to move .

My question is on the Vantare would the step well cover and air pocket doors air supply be separate from the Prevost coach supply ? I ask cause the slide nor doors move when coach is running . Also the regulators show no air pressure on them . Thank you in advance

Al, most converters install their own air system to run the items such as air doors and floor slides that they add to a coach. Their air systems are isolated from the chassis air system usually by a manual valve that can be turned open to connect both systems together.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
02-08-2019, 20:49
Hey Al,

I wish I could help you with this, but around 2001 Vantare eliminated interior air operated gizmos. My coach has electric drives for everything you mentioned. I'm not sure how they did the air operated coaches. When you find out please let us know.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
02-08-2019, 23:16
(02-08-2019 20:49)davidbrady Wrote:  Hey Al,

I wish I could help you with this, but around 2001 Vantare eliminated interior air operated gizmos. My coach has electric drives for everything you mentioned. I'm not sure how they did the air operated coaches. When you find out please let us know.
Al you may want to call Greg Courteney at Feather Light in Sanford Florida He works for them and should able to give information you need for your system.
Greg is very good guy His phone number is 407-878-0003.
02-09-2019, 00:28
Thanks Guys ,

here is what I think and read that may have helped me solve this issue . Prevost on at least this model added an auxiliary tank for the converters to add there air stuff. so once I found the regulator I was able to track down the air issues . I do still have to figure out why the stateroom door only closes but I will leave that till tomorrow . What this coach really needs is a good run and boy she will regret asking that of me one day I bet , lol

My plan is to leave here , head over the other side of the state . then head North 1k miles or so , stay a week , then head back for a week or less , then head to Ca for 3 or 4 weeks before heading back to Fla . I'm sure things will need attention but this here Prevost is going to be pushed I assure you Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-09-2019, 10:32
Al, I have room here in Mineral Wells or Weatherford for a stop over- always have 50 amps

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty Classic
02-09-2019, 12:02 (This post was last modified: 02-09-2019 12:14 by davidbrady.)
Al,

Look in your closets in the center of the coach. There should be removable panels near the pocket doors. There's an emergency open toggle switch behind each panel and maybe also a pressure regulator. I'd check that area for loose electrical connections as described in this thread courtesy POG: pocket door won't close. Also, stand back away from the door as you're fiddling with the controls. You don't want it to suddenly and violently close and knock you on your butt or worse! Always be careful with air!

There's more info on POG if you do a google search like so: site:http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com vantare air pocket doors

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
02-09-2019, 19:32
Thank you Ernie, when we head west in a few weeks we will give you a holler and let the 2 Prevost talk about how they feel about all us past BB owners driving them , lol

David , Thank you I will start my reading Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-12-2019, 23:01 (This post was last modified: 02-12-2019 23:02 by cubeman.)
so I did need to replace the Thomas @ 800.00 ouch ! Good thing I still work . Seems there are a few reasons they eliminated the air doors as they did in David's coach . You see they place that in the quiet box so there is no way to know if it is running . My guess is with a few leaks she keeps running and in short time you burn her out . Bad design for sure . Also I do not need any air pockets, toilets , lol

So here is the plan , until David or one of my fine engeneer Gurus draw me up a way to build in a protection valve I will only use her to inflate the biscuit air bags to start the coach and just leave the doors open for now .

Since this coach sat for 2 years in a garage and only has 66k miles on her I will drive her a while to seal up some leaks and then go on the hunt for others. Sound like a Plan ?

Not sure any of you are here in Palm beach Fla at the show but let me kow and we can get together and catch up Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-20-2019, 21:03
wanted to do a little follow up here , and brake down the air system . Lets start with the engine air bags .

If they needed to be inflated prior to starting the engine , then why didn't Prevost include a pre air inflate ?

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)