Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona Weather
02-22-2019, 12:50 (This post was last modified: 02-22-2019 13:08 by cmillsap.)
Arizona Weather
Well, if you're looking for a nice warm and sunny destination to get out of the cold weather, Phoenix, Arizona is not the place. We've been here since last Sunday experiencing the unusually cold weather. But it's supposed to warm up on Saturday.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2019, 15:13
RE: Arizona Weather
Chuck,

When was the last time you had snow? I was speaking with Hish yesterday while it was flurrying in Las Vegas!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
02-22-2019, 20:26 (This post was last modified: 02-22-2019 20:36 by cubeman.)
I must tell you this is the first year I have not been west at this time of year in 6 years . Boy did I pick a good year to hang out on the east . Well not really since we had 5" the other day here in Pa Smile

32 volts will destroy a battery pretty quick.
This has been said before, but I will repeat. After the chassis batteries have been charged by driving, the bus can be shut down and without a trickle charger or any charging go for months and the batteries still have plenty of power to start the bus.
If the batteries do not have sufficient power to start the bus after a period of storage (a couple of months for example) then the batteries are at end of life or there is a phantom drain on the batteries.
In both cases the solution is not to keep a maintenance charge on the batteries but to replace them or eliminate the phantom drain.

Chuck , I think this statement from another site explains why Marathon may not have added a start charger .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-24-2019, 12:54 (This post was last modified: 02-24-2019 12:54 by davidbrady.)
I guess there's not a lot I can agree with in that quote. (Al, just a minor pet peeve: if you can put the quote in italics it'll be easier to tell your writing from the quoted material, also I don't mind a credit either, in fact, I encourage it).

First, 32 volts isn't going to destroy an AGM battery. In fact, a quick peek at the temperature corrected charging voltages for LifeLine AGMs puts a 32V absorption charging voltage squarely at 0 deg F. (The temperature corrected curves adjust approximately by 0.0022V/degF per cell). Also, when bringing a deeply discharged battery back to life charge voltages can go as high as 35V. All of this can be found in the LifeLine Technical Manual.

As far as coaches not requiring chassis battery chargers, if you park your bus for months you better disconnect the DDEC and Allison control units or your batteries will be dead. I suspect Liberty may have done something like this, but I wouldn't bet that all converters have.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
02-24-2019, 13:00 (This post was last modified: 02-24-2019 13:23 by cubeman.)
will do David . Wanted to highlight it but still working my way around here. For now I'm good on Batteries and charging thanks to your advice . I'm now chasing air leaks , and just when I thought those days were over .

sorry about that David . I will be sure to proofread post going forward. Hell if I don't understand what I wrote who else would . I still say I'm a few notches above Woodie Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)