Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prevost Perfection
03-06-2019, 21:27
Prevost Perfection
I was under the front end of the coach today , greasing the front end and just taking a look all around . man I have been under my LXI many a time, but all I can say is what was BB thinking , lol

All they had to do was reverse engineer this thing . Even the HCV Valve was heads and shoulders above the BB . Just felt like sharing guys, had some Box Wine Tonight Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2019, 22:47 (This post was last modified: 03-06-2019 23:02 by travelite.)
RE: Prevost Perfection
Don't get me started Al! LOL! With the M450 they were on the right track, but 54 coaches wasn't enough to work the bugs out. If they had the pockets to get to 2.0 on the 450 BB would've had a good coach. Everything up to the 450 was stubbornly in the 80's. I find the IFS to be marvelous. I don't get folks on PC who insist they can't tell the difference between it and a stick axle. Short memories... What I like about the Prevost chassis is it feels like a well balanced design - each part does its job and contributes.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
03-07-2019, 16:44
RE: Prevost Perfection
I agree with you on the short memory . There is no way you could tell me that the stick axle would be the same as IFS. Why make a change then , maybe for the turning radius mainly but I bet on a bad road the IFS does a better job .

As to BB even with the LXI steer tag , why weld it ? I heard it was dealers who did the weld but man not taking the time to figure out the issue . Then again on the 450 air leveling , they install a HCV and eliminate the computer ?

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)