Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Awning
04-10-2019, 22:50
Lost Awning
Well today I paid the price for failing to lock my main awning . It started last Sat when a wind store was starting and while putting up the awning I lost the pull line . when it was time to leave , being in a hurry I couldn't lock her even after the both of us pulled on the supports .So I figured If we cant open her she should be fine . Well 3 days latter in a cross wind of about 25 mpr or so we here the bang , and guess what ? The wind did what we could not , opened her. I don't do the picture thing but I did send a few to David maybe he can post them .

Not being a Blue Bird , I did not have a ladder or goat rails to retrieve the awning so if your driving E on 40 in Oklahoma you will find the remains there . Actually we needed to pull off to remove the shield and gave it to a young couple doing some scrapping . We told them about the awning and its value so I think they did go and retrieve it .

Lesson learned the hard way 5k or so I think is what it will cost , ouch !!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2019, 09:38
RE: Lost Awning
I didn't lose my salon awning but that thing came out in a flash in Kansas. I was lucky in that I could stop and zip tied it

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty Classic
04-11-2019, 20:49
I lost my salon awning on Hwy 5 driving from S.F. to Disneyland in the middle of the night. I had to climb on the roof and cut the darn thing off. When I got to Anaheim, I called a mobile repair guy to remove the rest of of it.

I better add "check the awning is secure" to my check list when I pick up the "new to me" Prevost next Friday.

Jerry Kocher
1998 Prevost 40XL Vantare
1987 PT38 (8V92) "The Wayward Bird"
San Francisco, CA
04-12-2019, 19:04
Jerry , Remember the Prevost has no ladder on the back , so there will be no tying her off lol. I remember my neighbor telling her husband last year , you lock that awning or I'm not going with you . I thought little of it , but man o man, I wont make that mistake again . 4k I think when all said and done , ouch ! Can fix a lot of air leaks and even buy tiers with 4k .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)