Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking at an XLII -- need advice
09-09-2016, 23:38
RE: Looking at an XLII -- need advice
Thank you so much for the comparison. I have an electrical background and designed my inverter system on my boat in much the same way. I have a 3.3kw inverter that can run any and all loads even though the entire system is set up to run off of two 50 amp shore cords. I understand managing and balancing loads. In fact, I have a 12v, 32v, 120v, and 240v loads to deal with. I also have isolation transformers that are capable of creating 240v from a 120v source or boosting 208v to 240v.

I'm not afraid of no factory support as I'm quite resourceful, but I do see the value in being able to order parts and visit service centers if needed. The ride quality, however, is a big deal. I have owned an old Eagle and a Prevost XL, but never ridden in a Wanderlodge. I actually found the torsion bar suspension of the Eagle to be a better ride than the air suspension of the
1993 XL.

I am going to look at a 2001 H3 Vantare on Sunday that is not too far away from my home. It has two slides and I'm not really fond of slides, but we'll see. The more you look, the more you learn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking at an XLII -- need advice - SKYCHENEY - 09-09-2016 23:38

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)