Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking at an XLII -- need advice
09-11-2016, 22:51 (This post was last modified: 09-11-2016 22:52 by SKYCHENEY.)
RE: Looking at an XLII -- need advice
The Eagle's have the bogey axle as a pusher and not a tag. That may be part of the difference.

But, I drove that 01 H3 today. It just drives sweet. The ride was smooth with little bounce or sway. The steering was responsive and tight. I found myself driving with little more than a finger on the wheel on straightaways.

This bus had 365's on the steer axle and 315's elsewhere. The odometer read 103,000 miles; almost broken in Smile.

It had two HWH slides and they seemed to work easily and I heard no air leaks while underway (I drove one way and had the owner drive back so I could inspect the inside while underway). Other than an annoying squeak in the overhead cabinet above the driver, it was very quiet. I'm sure that squeak could be found and remedied.

Now for other considerations. I re-engineered the door and rafters in my barn to accommodate the height of the XL years ago. It's 12'5" at the lowest point and I see no way that H3 will fit in there without some other modifications. I measured this bus at 13' even fully aired up to the top of the sat dome. The easy thing to do would be to look for another XL, but I think I'm sold on an H3 now. I guess I'm gonna have to sleep on this one.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking at an XLII -- need advice - SKYCHENEY - 09-11-2016 22:51

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)