Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking at an XLII -- need advice
09-19-2016, 11:25 (This post was last modified: 09-19-2016 11:26 by SKYCHENEY.)
RE: Looking at an XLII -- need advice
I think I've narrowed the search to an H3 Vantare with no slides. I've gotten to where I am in my search because I want quality of construction, simplicity, and the best engineered coach I can find. I don't care about the bling and the wife will end up redecorating it as she sees fit no matter what we buy.

I say no slides just for simplicity. I don't want another maintenance item. I don't want the hassle of possibly getting one stuck and not being able to drive it and I don't want the possibility of leaks. I've also got to believe that the overall structure is compromised to some extent when you you have slides. Then there is the issue of less room and limited access to the bays with the slides and also any electrical or plumbing that runs to anything in the slide. Lastly is the issue of cold climate operation. Its got to easier to heat without slides which also minimizes the chance of freezing up something.

So I guess what I'm looking for is a mechanically sound, well maintained unit with good paint. The interior soft goods are of lesser concern as those will probably get switched out/upgraded anyway. Let me know should any of you come across such a unit. I'm in no hurry and may wait until spring to pull the trigger. I would think with no slides, I should be able to find something for under 250.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking at an XLII -- need advice - SKYCHENEY - 09-19-2016 11:25

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)