Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still a Marvel
02-27-2017, 13:19
Still a Marvel
It's a marvel. Maybe the eighth wonder of the world - a Prevost motorhome conversion. Folks, after three years of ownership I'm still tickled pink every time I climb behind the wheel, or every time I walk into the house with the slides open and stand in my master bedroom with a true king size bed. Wow! Yesterday I took the coach out for it's 30 day exercise drive and it still feels like it has a yard of suspension travel. If there's a road out there that can upset the chassis I haven't found it. Still smitten! Smile

BTW, I continue to look at the used market and asking prices are holding firm. In fact, there's little difference in the 2003 thru 2004 converter years than there was when I purchased back in 2014. I attribute this to a lack of inventory exasperated by a dearth of new coaches during and after the great recession of 2008. Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2017, 16:43
RE: Still a Marvel
David,

Informed buyers are opting for coaches that are equipped with pre-EGR engines. Many of the first time bus buyers are trading in their late model plastic coaches with all the issues associated with the EGR equipped engines. They are finding those model years that you mentioned to be priced attractively compared to what they paid for their late model plastic coach. Also, they recognize they are getting an enormous upgrade in quality and workmanship and in most cases a bus with 90% of its useful life still remaining.

I'm sure you have heard the same story that I have heard many times over from luxury high end plastic coach owners as I travel around the country. "Gee, I sure wish I had known I could have bought your bus for what I paid for mine before I bought it".

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
03-27-2017, 12:03
(02-27-2017 13:19)davidbrady Wrote:  It's a marvel. Maybe the eighth wonder of the world - a Prevost motorhome conversion. Folks, after three years of ownership I'm still tickled pink every time I climb behind the wheel, or every time I walk into the house with the slides open and stand in my master bedroom with a true king size bed. Wow! Yesterday I took the coach out for it's 30 day exercise drive and it still feels like it has a yard of suspension travel. If there's a road out there that can upset the chassis I haven't found it. Still smitten! Smile

BTW, I continue to look at the used market and asking prices are holding firm. In fact, there's little difference in the 2003 thru 2004 converter years than there was when I purchased back in 2014. I attribute this to a lack of inventory exasperated by a dearth of new coaches during and after the great recession of 2008. Thoughts?

give 75 a shot out of Detroit , hahaha

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
03-27-2017, 12:46
(03-27-2017 12:03)cubeman Wrote:  
(02-27-2017 13:19)davidbrady Wrote:  It's a marvel. Maybe the eighth wonder of the world - a Prevost motorhome conversion. Folks, after three years of ownership I'm still tickled pink every time I climb behind the wheel, or every time I walk into the house with the slides open and stand in my master bedroom with a true king size bed. Wow! Yesterday I took the coach out for it's 30 day exercise drive and it still feels like it has a yard of suspension travel. If there's a road out there that can upset the chassis I haven't found it. Still smitten! Smile

give 75 a shot out of Detroit , hahaha

David
I replaced the front air bags last Sept. the ride some but I think I will be doing the remaining 6 bags 4 for the drive and 2 for the tag. Next year the shocks. I have an opinontment with Prevost Mira Loma to replace the flex pipe on my exhaust system have a small leak there.
03-27-2017, 13:29
(03-27-2017 12:03)cubeman Wrote:  give 75 a shot out of Detroit , hahaha

My bus is a compass that likes to point west Al. She's really struggling with this trip north, and you know I can't bear to get any salt on my slack adjusters!

(03-27-2017 12:46)Hisham Amaral Wrote:  David
I replaced the front air bags last Sept. the ride some but I think I will be doing the remaining 6 bags 4 for the drive and 2 for the tag. Next year the shocks. I have an opinontment with Prevost Mira Loma to replace the flex pipe on my exhaust system have a small leak there.

Hi Hish,

Sounds like what I need to do. My steer axle air springs are about due. I'm hoping to get one more season out of them. I replaced all my shocks when I bought the bus three years ago; they're cheap and easy. I went with the factory recommended Sachs. Some folks like Koni's up front but I find they're too stiff. Comes down to preference.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)