Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polished Stainless?
04-26-2017, 22:14
RE: Polished Stainless?
I must say I was quite satisfied with the ride and drivability of all 3 of the Wanderlodges that I have owned. Obviously, the ride and maneuverability of the M380 with the independent front suspension was an improvement over the LXi with the stick front axle. But all in all, both presented a very good ride. I do not see a big difference in the ride quality between a M380 and a Prevost XL2 excepting the advantages that the longer wheel base of the XL2 adds to the comparison. I suspect the M450 with the same length as the Prevost probably delivers a closer comparability in the ride characteristics.

In my opinion, the furniture and interior fixtures of the LXi is as good and better than what’s found in some converter models. The functional designs of the electrical systems are far better on a Prevost chassis as Bluebird was running years behind Prevost on applying state of the art electrical systems to their coaches. The brute strength of my LXi chassis provided my family and me superior protection compared to almost any other coach on the market, even today.

The primary reason I finally switched to a Prevost and to a Marathon specifically is because I wanted convenient nationwide service and repair facilities that knows how to repair a Prevost. I was tired of not having adequate service and repair facilities that I could rely on to help keep my ‘Birds running and in proper condition. So, every time I was on the road, I was stressed that if something broke on my Wanderlodge, would I be able to find someone that knows how to help me fix it. Further, whether I could find a replacement part for something that was broken. There are so many parts on a Wanderlodge that are not easy to find replacement parts for and that gets more critical each passing year.

Nowadays, a Wanderlodge owner is fortunate to find a repair facility that knows much about how to correctly repair a Wanderlodge. Most owners depend on online owner’s groups such as Wanderlodge Gurus and Wanderlodge Owners Group members to help them find and solve their coach problems. And sometimes that is a hit and miss proposition depending on the skills and familiarity of the person(s) trying to help an owner in distress.

Touring the country in a motorhome is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. With my Prevost Marathon, it is, I know if something needs “fixin”, it’s only a phone call away or a relative short drive to either a factory or authorized repair facility to quickly get me back on the road again.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Polished Stainless? - jwm470 - 04-24-2017, 21:34
RE: Polished Stainless? - cmillsap - 04-25-2017, 01:32
RE: Polished Stainless? - davidbrady - 04-25-2017, 10:36
RE: Polished Stainless? - jwm470 - 04-25-2017, 19:26
RE: Polished Stainless? - davidbrady - 04-26-2017, 09:30
RE: Polished Stainless? - ERNIEE - 04-26-2017, 20:06
RE: Polished Stainless? - cmillsap - 04-26-2017 22:14
RE: Polished Stainless? - ERNIEE - 04-27-2017, 08:07
RE: Polished Stainless? - davidbrady - 04-27-2017, 10:38

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)