Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prevost Repair & Maintenance Costs
04-28-2017, 21:18
RE: Prevost Repair & Maintenance Costs
(04-28-2017 19:27)CC_Guy Wrote:  The hourly rate is but one number in the service cost equation. Frankly, when time is not charged based on established book rates, the $125/Hour is somewhat meaningless. As an example, a shop that charges 6 hours at $100 for a specific service is no more expensive than one that charges $125 for 5 hours. The real question we would all like to know in advance, and it often seems like an elusive number, is how many hours will a given job take.

I agree, getting a firm price is elusive. I suspect Prevost may use book rates to quote an estimated price for a customer that requests an up-front estimate. But it’s only an estimate and not a firm price. It’s been my experience that they charge for whatever extra amount of time it takes for the Tech to finish the job over the book rate. Within reason of course. I also doubt the labor charge would ever be less than the book rate. And then there has got to be some jobs done that has no stated book rate and the charged time is actual time.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2021, 21:33
Hello,

What year was the button rims an issue?

Can I update an XL front cap to XL2 or XL3?
04-30-2021, 09:36
What coach do you have

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty Classic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)