Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prevost Repair & Maintenance Costs
04-28-2017, 07:38 (This post was last modified: 04-28-2017 11:20 by travelite.)
RE: Prevost Repair & Maintenance Costs
Thanks Chuck,

Yes, without question. They know exactly what a level-3 is but in fact they do more. They also add in inspection of the sliding brake calipers, sliding pins and rubber boots, rotor condition, drive shaft yokes, suspension bushings, tie-rod ends, sway bar bushings, and all other bushings such as radiator support bushings.

Look at my receipts below, one from Richmond BC, and one from Goodlettesville, TN, both Level-2 services. Richmond charged 0.8 hours of labor and Goodlettesville charged 1.7 hours. The waters over the dam now but had I looked back then I would have asked why double the time at Goodlettesville.

Chuck, your added Level-3 items can't take an additional 2.5 hours can they? Unless they were slowed down by a complication, but in that case I believe you would know.

Compare the cost of transynd fluid and filter swap between Burke and Richmond. Burke: $582 including 1 hour labor, Richmond: $945 including 3 hours labor; the fluid is $105 more expensive at Prevost, but the filters are $25 cheaper. Why the additional labor? I don't know. I have to say, we need to watch Prevost and compare new charges with old receipts for fairness. There's nothing wrong with disputing a charge.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prevost Repair & Maintenance Costs - davidbrady - 04-28-2017 07:38

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)