Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headhunter Mach5 Water Pump
06-24-2017, 15:37
RE: Headhunter Mach5 Water Pump
David,

Marathon installed a 12V Sureflo pump for backup on my coach. It is just plumbed into a parallel circuit around the 120V pump. You would think all converters would realize the necessity for a backup water pump or at least a means to connect directly to CG post water. If your 120V pump goes out, you are dead in the water (no pun intended) until you can get it repaired or replaced.

I have a headhunter toilet with a Grundfos 120v pump in my coach. Works great to flush the Headhunter toilet and to provide water to all the faucets and shower.

CG water is used to fill the tank only through the auto-fill system which can keep the fresh water tank full if left on to operate. The 120V pump (on demand) keeps water supplied to the toilet, shower and faucets. Also, the 120V Grundfos is programed to shut down if the system water pressure isn’t reached within a minute or so. This works great to limit water damage if there is a leak large enough to prevent the pump from reaching system pressure but a small leak may not be of sufficient volume to stop the pump.

To limit the amount of water that could possibly leak into the coach from a small leak, I allow the auto-fill to fill the fresh water tank and then shut it off. That way, it limits only the remaining water in the fresh water tank to leak into the coach if a leak ever happened. Each time I fill the fresh water tank, I dump the grey and black tanks. That way I never need to worry about overfilling any of the tanks.

We also shut down the water pump when we leave the coach and I like to shut it off before going to bed at night.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Headhunter Mach5 Water Pump - cmillsap - 06-24-2017 15:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)