Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Wash Job
07-20-2017, 21:10
Coach Wash Job
Well, we're at an RV Park in Portland, OR. Thought I would have the coach washed since it hasn't been washed since January. Called the local "Juan's RV Wash". He came out and gave me a quote. 250 Bucks just to wash. I declined. LOL.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2017, 08:24
RE: Coach Wash Job
anyone ever use blue beacon?

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty XL Classic
4 Wanderlodges- sold
07-21-2017, 11:42
Next time get a quote over the phone and only tell them it's a 45-foot MH with X number of slides. Juan obviously thought a Prevost owner could afford more. Even the companies that focus on Prevosts aren't that high. Generally, around $100.

I used BB once in Las Vegas. They actually did a pretty good job. I want to say it was $50-60. I have heard bad reviews from some BB locations.

When I can and where parks allow, I like washing my own coach. It's therapeutic, well at least that's what I tell myself.
07-21-2017, 13:45
While we're on the subject of coach washing, the top needs washing probably more so than the sides. But it is often neglected. If you don't wash the top, all the dirt collects and runs down the sides when it rains.

I prefer that people don't walk on my roof. The wash person needs a ladder long enough to allow him to stand on it and use the power washer to go around and clean the topsides.

Some owners don't want someone to go on top when washing the coach due to safety and liability. I understand that but if you don't clean the topsides when you wash the coach, the dirt buildup on the topside will promote deterioration of the roof components.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)