Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank Sentry
08-03-2017, 11:07
Tank Sentry
Anyone have a manual? My black tank sensor always reads empty. I removed the hose and blew 30 psi air through it. I could hear gurgling inside the tank. I pressed the reset button but it still reads empty. The LED glows red on the control box. Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2017, 11:49
RE: Tank Sentry
Wow, no manuals on line! The only thing I can offer is to question whether you hear the micro pump running. If not, it won't work.
08-03-2017, 16:39 (This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 17:02 by cmillsap.)
David,

There must be a virus going around. LOL! I had to deal with my black tank sensor always reading zero for 6 months until I could get to Marathon to get it fixed. My tank sensors are monitored through the TechLink system.

I always dump when I fill the fresh water tank

Since the fresh water and grey tanks sensors still worked, I just wrote a simple formula on my Excel to determine the black tank level (gallons) by adjusting the fresh water level (gallons) and grey water level (gallons) daily on Excel. With the family on board, you may want to adjust the levels more frequently! LoL!

IOW, as the fresh water gallons go down and the grey water gallons go up, the remainder gallons are in the black tank............. In order to make this work you have to pull water from the fresh water tank always and only use the shore water supply to fill the tank.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
08-04-2017, 08:15
I have one holding tank for gray/black in my Liberty. The sensors are always lit up. Its a "crap" shoot to figure out the level of that tank. My fresh water tank sensors work, sometimes.

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty XL Classic
4 Wanderlodges- sold
08-04-2017, 09:45
(08-04-2017 08:15)ERNIEE Wrote:  I have one holding tank for gray/black in my Liberty. The sensors are always lit up. Its a "crap" shoot to figure out the level of that tank. My fresh water tank sensors work, sometimes.

The best process I found with this system is to fill the frash tank and dump the combo tank the same time that way you start with full tank on one side and an empty black and gray tank on the other. I do that every 3 days and forget the system all togather.
08-04-2017, 14:35
Erniee,

Is yours a Tank Sentry by Headhunter? At some point Liberty went to a system built be Electronic Applications with some high powered sensors.

(08-04-2017 08:15)ERNIEE Wrote:  I have one holding tank for gray/black in my Liberty. The sensors are always lit up. Its a "crap" shoot to figure out the level of that tank. My fresh water tank sensors work, sometimes.
08-04-2017, 14:52 (This post was last modified: 08-04-2017 14:57 by davidbrady.)
Thanks Guys,

Guess I'll dump whenever I fill or I'll do Chuck's math until I replace some o-rings. Hish, thanks for the Sentry manual, I'll post it as soon as I get a good connection.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
08-04-2017, 14:59
(08-04-2017 14:35)CC_Guy Wrote:  Erniee,

Is yours a Tank Sentry by Headhunter? At some point Liberty went to a system built be Electronic Applications with some high powered sensors.

My system is head hunter
08-04-2017, 20:13
Yes- both panels have Tank Sentry on them. The black tank unit is not affixed to the tank, but just hangs by the wires. I'm not familiar with this system, yet

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty XL Classic
4 Wanderlodges- sold
08-04-2017, 21:22
Earnie,

Hmmm, the units made by Headhunter have a small control box with a LED on the bottom. They have a small air compressor in them that periodically pushes air through a hose that goes down into the tank. When the fluids fill the tube back up the system simply reads the pressure created by the height of the fluids. They are a pretty simple and generally reliable system, but can be affected by some not so solids that might enter the tube.

(08-04-2017 20:13)ERNIEE Wrote:  Yes- both panels have Tank Sentry on them. The black tank unit is not affixed to the tank, but just hangs by the wires. I'm not familiar with this system, yet

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)